The firm has vast experience in handling disputes and rendering advice in the agricultural sector. Common disputes and areas of focus include:
- Ownership and offer letter disputes
- Land owner versus mining claim holder disputes
- Shareholder, Partnership and joint venture disputes.
- Agricultural tenancy disputes and nuisance claims
- Agricultural financing and repayments.
- -Agricultural property related disputes (e.g. rights of way, boundaries)
- Contract disputes
- Defective product claims e.g defective feeds causing illness and seed quality disputes.
- Business disputes and legal disputes (e.g. improper advice by agronomists, negligent veterinary services).
- Illegal occupation of agricultural land and evictions.
Arbitration, Conciliation, Negotiation and Mediation are the most common Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) methods for solving civil and commercial disputes outside the court room. These methods are expeditious, private, and generally much less expensive than litigation. ADR also give parties a chance to determine how they can resolve a dispute.
ADR procedures are generally more flexible if compared to court processes. The firm has experienced attorneys who represent clients and preside over disputes.
The firm’s banking and finance team renders strategic and advisory services and legal representation tailor made to meet clients’ diverse interest to a number of commercial banks, building societies, microfinance institutions, insurance entities, pension funds, trusts, corporates and individuals.
The services rendered are in areas of;
financial acquisitions, regulation and compliance, bond issuance, banker customer relationship, insurance claims, customer complaints and disputes, securitization, stock trading and investment, cross boarder financing, fraud and money laundering issues, loans and overdrafts and asset and real estate financing, recoveries and collections, due diligence issues among others.
The firm has experienced criminal law attorneys rendering the following services:
- Attendance at police stations and handling pre-trial procedures.
- Bail applications and bail appeals
- Conducting criminal trials, appeals and reviews
- Pursuing Presidential amnesty and clemency for convicted persons.
- watching in brief and general advisory on criminal law issues.
In respect to civil litigation, Danziger & Partners commands a reputable team of attorneys, leveraging on the firm’s experience of more than a century in civil practice covering areas such as
- Litigation in Zimbabwe’s civil courts covering drafting of pleadings, trials and applications.
- Civil trials- representing Plaintiffs and Defendants
- General civil litigation related advice
- Commercial litigation
- Contractual claims
- Delictual claims
The firm has vast and reputable experience in various areas of Commercial and Corporate law advising Zimbabwe’s major banks, micro-finance institutions and commercial firms and investors in
- Indigenisation laws and requirements
- Exchange controls
- Tax laws
- Company structural requirements.
- Company registrations
- Updates and amendment of company papers
- Due diligences.
- Commercial law litigation
- Drafting and reviewing various contracts
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Handling shareholder disputes
- Construction disputes
- Foreclosures and Debt Collection
- Restructuring and Insolvency
Our firm has experts in this field of law with rich experience and deep knowledge of the Competition Act and the Consumer Contracts Act gained from working with the Competition and Tariff Commission of Zimbabwe
Main areas include:
- General advice on regulatory compliance
- Anti-competitive practices and unfair trade practices
- Penalties for infringements
- Challenging penalties
- Appeal and review procedures
- Consumer rights litigation
- General advise on competition law and consumer rights
The firm has a special interest in Constitutional and Human Rights Litigation covering the following areas-
- Constitutional and administrative Law litigation
- Human rights litigation and public interest litigation
- Regular representation of clients, before a wide array of state and local regulatory agencies in the country that regulate health, environment, public service, energy, business and professional licensing, insurance, tax, commerce, transportation, motor vehicles, and communications.
- Representation of numerous utility authorities, planning and development districts and other local governmental among many other local administrative law related practices.
Danziger and Partners handles all aspects of employment law covering
- Negotiation and drafting and reviewing of contracts of employment
- Drafting codes of conduct, human resources manuals and policies
- Presiding over internal disciplinary matters
- Representation in courts
- Representation at Conciliation and arbitration
- In-house training for institutions.
- Dismissals and Retrenchment Dispute
- Social Security and Pensions
- Advise on grievance handling procedure.
The firm focuses on all aspects of family law such as
- General legal advice in marriages
- Drafting pre-nuptial and ante nuptial contracts,
- Custody, guardianship and access of minors
- Divorce and division of matrimonial assets
- Family trust-drafting, registration and management
- Will drafting and custodial services.
- Inheritance plans and estate planning advice.
- Winding up of and administration of Deceased Estates
- Deceased Estates and inheritance litigation
The firm renders legal services in energy, road, water, building projects among others assisting clients in drafting and reviewing agreements, dispute resolution, pursuing and defending claims, compliance advice and general advice.
The firm handle all aspects of insurance law including:
- Subrogation and insurance claims
- Drafting and reviewing insurance contracts
- Rendering advice on insurance legislation and developments
- Insurance litigation
- Regulatory and compliance related advice and litigation
- Pensions claims and advice
- Registration and renewal of IP rights
- Purchase, transfer and licensing of IP rights
- IP portfolio management
- Restraints of trade
- Agreements relating to IP and franchising
- Intellectual property rights litigation and dispute settlement covering protection and infringements.
- Patents and Trade Mark Registrations.
- Rendering opinions on intellectual property issues covering patents, trademarks, copyrights, industrial designs, geographical indications and trade secrets.
On the side of technology the firm advices on
- Drafting of contracts and handling ICT disputes
- Licensing and regulatory compliance issues.
- Cyber security
- Protection of private data and infringement issues.
- Internet banking transactions and related issues
- Internet connection agreements
The firm’s services services rendered include
- Mining licenses applications
- Mining disputes representation in court or at arbitration
- Mining rights versus land owner disputes
- Advise on mining taxes
- Drafting mining contracts
- Environmental impact assessments
- Environmental rights litigation
- Legislative and regulatory compliance for energy and mining related projects, including environmental and safety issue
- Drafting and reviewing agreements and documentation
- Health and safety issues
- Security registration and funding related advice
- Zimbabwe Investment Authority requirements and approvals
- Excluded sectors under the Special Economic Zones
- Labour and immigration related requirements
- The firm bolsters extensive experience and expertise in this area thereby making it the preferred choice of various corporates rendering services such as
- Drafting of Transfer authorizations
- Transfer registrations
- Bond registrations
- Replacement of lost, destroyed or defaced title deeds
- Landlord and Tenant law consultancy and litigation
- Notarial bonds- special and general covering bonds over movable assets
- Trust deed registration.
- Name Changes
- Negotiating and drafting sale and lease agreements.
- Eviction and rental claims litigation.
- Representing banks and other financiers, pensions funds, landlords and tenants, trusts and investors, purchasers, sellers, estate agents, owner’s associations among many others
The firm’s offers services in liquidation, judicial management, sequestration, corporate rescue, mergers, acquisitions and advisory services to corporates and individuals. The services includes:
- Structuring, drafting and reviewing merger and acquisition agreements
- Tax due diligence with particular attention to identifying possible exposures in agreements and establishing risk mitigation mechanism.
- Advising on acquisitions or dispositions – consequences of different forms of acquisition and disposal such as individual acquisitions, joint ventures etc.
- Litigation in all the above stated areas
- Rendering post deal advice.
We have a tax law practice with deep-rooted tax knowledge to the best levels, while retaining the ability to respond to a company's most specific needs. The practice offers practical and responsive advice to a wide range of clients ranging from small to medium enterprises, individuals to well established companies locally, in the region and internationally. Practice areas are as detailed below:
- Tax advice on VAT, Income and Capital gains, other tax heads
- International tax issues including inbound / outbound investments
- Tax issues on corporate tax mergers and acquisitions
- Purchases and Sales of Business
- Advice on investment Structures
- Structured finance and commercial property transactions
- Share incentive schemes,
- Zimra queries, appeals, objections and reviews
- Taxation of trusts